Why support Radical Recovery Ministries?
I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
(Luke 15:7, NASB)
Radical Recovery Ministries has witnessed that many churches tend to reach out only when they can attract large numbers or go to large numbers of people. It's basic business to focus on "return of investment." For example, some of the local churches promote Easter egg hunts, October 31st "harvest festivals", and Christmas festivals in order to share Christ, which is not necessarily wrong. The problem is that the individuals that aren't there whether it's because they have issues with churches in general, crowds, strangers, or transportation, tend to be overlooked and thus feel that they are not worth the effort.
Radical Recovery Ministries not only sees they're worth the effort for Christ, but we also know where to find them. It has been said that people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. We don't have any secret method nor do we rely on any special events., although we do have special events from time to time. We are just actively GOING and making disciples every chance we have.
There are several projects that we are praying about to help us reach out and give those without hope an opportunity to experience the very heart of Christ as we actively engage with those in the community.
1. To provide a place to meet that is safe and promotes healthy and solid growth in a relationship with Christ.
2. A bus or van to help with transportation to church, recovery meetings, and other appointments as necessary, possibly one with wheelchair access.
3. Radical Recovery Ministries is reaching inside jails and prisons to encourage men to grow in the Lord Jesus Christ and share the hope they have found with others in the same facilities. We also try to provide books for bible studies and evangelism materials. Almost every country is represented inside the prison walls making these men of God active particapants in the Great Commision right next to the church outside those walls.
4. Sober living residences that are centered on Christ as the cornerstone of the addicts or alcoholics recovery is vital yet very rare to find and we are seeking to provide such homes as God provides.
5. For 5 years straight, we have hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving Day with each year drawing more and more people, including not only the homeless but the elderly, those without family, those living in motels, and the needy from every facet of life.
6. We seek to provide exciting and sober alternatives to holidays traditionally know for excess including New Year's Eve, Superbowl, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc.
Donations of funds, food, clothing, hygiene products (men and women),
bicycles, vehicles, etc. are most welcomed.
People are avoiding the church, not as much because of doctrines, but because of "Christians". They don't feel welcomed at most church when they do visit, in spite of the desire of many churches. We have therefore decided to take the message to them in a very personal way. We introduce ourselves by our names and inform them that we are here to bring them lunch. 9 out of 10 are thankful for the simple lunch and cold bottle of water. We then ask them if they need anything and if we can pray with them for anything. We have yet to have someone refuse prayer who has accepted a lunch.
Our goal is to create relationships for the purpose of sharing the hope that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have experienced wonderful blessings as we were witnesses to several men and women begin their new life in Christ.
Your financial support to Radical Recovery Ministries will help us further reach out with the hope of the Gospel by providing the resources that will assist us to be more effective in being the hands and heart of Christ to those in our immediate area.